Hello! We are so excited to have you stay with us at Mika’s Resort. Eluethera Island is a very special place to us and we look forward to sharing the experience with you. Below are a few recommendations to help you prepare for your stay.
- Please consider downloading WhatsApp as it is the major form of communication with the locals. You may have cellular connections issues so we would like to emphasize this is the best way to make sure you have access to communication while traveling.
- The island does not offer public transportation. You can schedule a rental car with Gladys at +1 (242) 424-8313. We recommend coordinating you car rental in advance, as cars are limited.
- Please have a copy of a photo ID (drivers license or passport) for each guest staying on the property. You can email this to us at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to you arrival.
On site you can find Reynaldo and Samia – our wonderful staff members! They will be happy to give you recommendations for places to eat and things to do on the island.
As soon as you know your arrival time please text it to Samia via WhatsApp at +1 (242) 826-1997.
Below you will find detailed information about Mika’s. Please let us know if you have any questions. We look forward to your arrival!
Our address is 3 Knowles Drive, Governor’s Harbour, Eleuthera. From GHB airport, head in the direction of downtown Governor’s Harbour on Queens Highway. In about 2 miles you will see a large sign on the left for The Deck. Turn left at this sign. Follow the road until it ends and turn right. You will see our property on the left.
When you arrive, go up the main stairs and through the front door to our lobby. One of our staff members will be on site to greet you and show you to your Casita. If you are staying in the Penthouse, take the stairs up to the third floor of the main building. You can enter using the coded door. Check in time is 2 PM. Check out is 11 AM. If you need an early check in or late check out please contact us and we will try to accommodate you.
WIFI & TELEVISION
Free WiFi is available throughout the property and our televisions are equipped with Netflix. You can log in with your own account.
There are two grocery stores in Governor’s Harbour: Burrows and Eleuthera Grocery & Supply. To get there, take Queens Highway towards downtown Governor’s Harbour. Both of these stores take CASH ONLY. The closest grocery store that accepts credit cards is located in James Cistern (about a 10 minute drive). Head to James Cistern in the opposite direction of Governor’s Harbour and it will be on your right. Feel free to ask our friendly locals for directions if you need help. Keep in mind that grocery stores close early (around 7 PM). On Sundays only Eleuthera Grocery & Supply is open until 1 PM. The other stores are closed on Sundays.
Guests are welcome to use the community kitchen located o of the lobby in our main house. Kitchen hours are 7 AM until midnight. We ask that you please do your best to keep the kitchen clean. You are welcome to use any food or condiments in the kitchen and please leave anything that you have left over at the end of your stay for the next guests.
Mika’s Resort is located on a secluded beachfront property. There is no lifeguard on duty at any time. SWIMMING AND ALL OTHER WATER ACTIVITIES ARE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Mika’s Resort cannot be responsible for any injuries that may result from swimming or water activities.
The decks and stairs of Mika’s Resort may become EXTREMELY SLIPPERY when it rains. It is important to hold on to the railings when walking around the property in the rain. Slides and flip flops are especially slippery. Please use caution and hold the railings AT ALL TIMES. Please use caution when walking around the property at night. It can be quite dark. Each casita is equipped with a portable lantern should you need more lighting.
In the event that you need medical care while on the island, you can contact Dr. Sydney Smith, MD at 242-551-0189
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What are your check in and check out times?
Check in time is 2 pm. Check out time is 11 am.
- What are the exact coordinates of Mika’s?
Exact location = 25.259944, -76.300323
- How do I get there from NAS?
We haven’t had great luck with the ferries. We recommend flying Pineapple Air or Southern Air Charter from NAS to GHB (Governor’s Harbour airport). If you want to fly to ELH (North Eleuthera) or GHB from Fort. Lauderdale, Florida, you can fly on Silver Airlines.
- Can I do laundry at Mika’s?
We have a washer and dryer on site for the resort laundry but they are not available for guests to use. Housekeeping can do the laundry for you and follow any special instructions that you have. There is a $25 fee for personal guest laundry which includes washing, drying, and folding your clothes. Sheets are changed each week at no charge and there are plenty of fresh towels available whenever you need them.
- Is there a pool?
We don’t have a pool but there is a virtually private beach (we don’t own the whole beach but we’ve never seen anyone else on it!)
- Are there beach chairs available?
We do have beach chairs available that can be taken to the beach. We have a deck that spans the entire back of the main house overlooking the ocean. There are two loungers as well as an outdoor sectional there.North Landmark Day Tour – $250: See North Eleuthera’s most beautiful natural landmarks including the Glass Window Bridge, Queen’s Bath, the Sapphire Hole, Preacher’s Cave, and the cave at Hatchet Bay.South Landmark Tour – $250: Explore Lighthouse Beach in Southern Eleuthera and the Island Farm where you can pick up fresh, organic fruits and vegetables grown right on the island as well as homemade bread. You’ll also find the best hummus there!
Private Boat Tour – $575 for 4 adults and 2 children ($100 per extra person): The most comfortable boating experience on an 8 foot pontoon boat equipped with luxury seating. The only boat of its kind (that we know of anyway) on Eleuthera! Includes a light meal that’s easy on the tummy, snacks, and a glass of beer or wine. You’re welcome to BYOB!
- Can I get fresh fish on the island?
You can order fresh fish from Ton. Send him a message at 242-470-1476.
- Can I charter a boat to go fishing or sightseeing?
Yes, you can contact Denny Rankine at Denny’s Saltwater Adventures. 242-428-2310. Denny offers reef fishing, big game fishing, snorkeling, adventure tours, turtle dives, and sightseeing.
- What restaurants do you recommend?
- 1648 at French Leave resort (upscale, international cuisine)
- Pascal’s (Bahamian influenced international cuisine)
- La Bougainvillea (international)
- Rainbow Inn (steak and seafood)
- Tippy’s (fusion)
- Buccaneer’s (Bahamian fusion)
- Da Perk (coffee and sandwiches)
- Mate and Jenny’s (pizza)
- Sunset Inn (Bahamian)
- Cravings (Cakes/Bakery)
- Many of these places have live music. There’s also a Friday night fish fry in downtown Governor’s Harbour that is lots of fun!
- What are some day trips?
- Harbour Island (NE of mainland) – take ferry from North Eleuthera
- Spanish Wells (NW of mainland) – take a ferry for $5 each way from North Eleuthera
- Cat Island – you can charter a boat there from southern port of Eleuthera.